Search This Blog

Monday, August 9, 2010

Food Find


Found this guy in the frozen food section of the health food section at Stop & Shop a few weeks ago.  It was on sale so I thought I'd give it a try.  For only 140 calories I figured it was definitely worth a shot.

Here are the stats:
Calories: 140
Total Fat: 1.5g
Sodium: 390mg
Dietary Fiber: 5g
Protein: 9g
Calcium: 15%

While it is gluten free and nut free, it is not vegan.

Here are the ingredients:
Spinach, potatoes, egg whites, whole eggs, onions, brown sugar, rice flour, sea salt, salt and spices.
Not too bad, right?

And the verdict is that it actually tasted pretty good.  I was hungry and in a rush so I opted for the microwave cooking directions and I think I may have overcooked it, but even so, it was pretty decent.  I'd imagine that cooking it (properly) in the oven would make it even better.

They have a few other varieties as well as zucchini "pasta" dishes and desserts according to the box.  Let me know if you try this or any other of their products.

Thanks!

1 comment:

Garden Lites said...

Glad you like our products! Fan us on Facebook to learn more! www.facebook.com/GardenLites