Search This Blog

Friday, July 2, 2010

TGI(Friggin')F

Wooo hoooo!  Weekend!  Yes!  Finally!   Wooohooo!

Can you tell I'm glad the weekend is here?  I'm so ready to leave my "job" way behind, woohoo!  Too bad it's not forever, ooops, did I say that?

And a happy early 4th to you!  The 4th of July is one of my FAVORITE holidays.  I love the summer, the bbq's, the sun, and of course the fireworks!  I've toyed with the idea of getting married on the 4th (of course i'm nowhere near getting married so that's a moot point).

So back to the wishes, hope it's great, safe, and fun!  Eat, drink, and be merry.  But please don't drink and drive.  OK?

So yesterday my wrist brace and I went to the gym.  I will admit that I felt a bit gimp like, but it was ok.  Some people noticed and asked about it, others gave me weird looks, and some probably wouldn't even notice if I came in with a cast on my head.  Oh well.

Cardio wasn't too limiting.  I did the treadmill from hell (aka the moving stairs), then managed to run 2.5 miles on the treadmill.  I almost think the wrist support was helpful with my running form, but maybe that's just in my head.  That part was easy.

The weights portion, not so much.  In addition to feeling like a tool, I just wasn't sure what I could and couldn't do.  I did some work on biceps, triceps, and shoulders, then got frustrated and gave up.  Baby steps.  Then did some abs.  That was my workout, it was ok.

Tomorrow i'm teaching, so we'll see how that goes.  It's a holiday weekend so i'm hoping that it won't be too empty.  People got to get their cardio on before binge eating and drinking, right? (nice grammar Jess)

So again, have a fab weekend and i'll catch ya on the flip side!

No comments: