Search This Blog

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Overnight Oats?

Happy Thursday!

I'm currently on hold with the CT department of labor.  They said the expected wait time was 43 minutes.  Given how hard it is to get through to them, I pretty much have to suck it up and wait.  So here I sit.  It's been 24 minutes.  Ugh.

Obviously some things are changing, hence me calling the DOL.  More to come on that at another time.

To the subject at hand....Overnight Oats

I've read about overnight on a few blogs but wasn't really sure what they were.  (Although I could make an educated guess based upon the name.)

I'm a HUGE fan of oatmeal, so I was intrigued.

I finally looked it up and learned that you essentially take your oats and add your liquids (milk/yogurt, etc.), then cover it and leave it in the fridge overnight.  Then when you wake up in the morning it is supposedly creamy and delicious.

I'm going to do a bit more research on the ingredients and then give this a try, I'll let you know how it goes.

Given that I've only recently started consuming milk, I'm not sure about making a batch using so much milk, but we'll see, maybe almond milk is an option too.

If you've ever made overnight oats, drop me a comment and let me know how you did it and what you thought.

No comments: