Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Bites?

Do you get bug bites?  Tons?  Few?  None?

Unfortunately I get TONS, and I mean tons.  I was outside for a BBQ on July 5th and ended up with at least 15.  Gross...and annoying...and ITCHY!

Apparently I'm tasty.

I had heard that ingesting more vitamin B1 might make you less appealing to mosquitoes so I decided to look in to this.  While it seems like the perfect simple solution, unfortunately there is no concrete evidence backing this allegation.  However, it has also been said that increasing your B1 might make bites less itchy, which would also help for me.

That said, I'm going to check my multivitamin for it's B1 content and then consider taking an additional supplement, since wearing long sleeves and pants isn't always an option in July/August.

Any tips?

No comments: