Search This Blog

Monday, July 19, 2010

Bikram Spin

Good morning all!

Unfortunately I've got a lot of crap to deal with right now, so I'm going to go with the mantra "fake it until you make it" and just pretend that all is peachy keen. (deep breath)

My home gym is currently doing some renovations.  They were refinishing the studio floors and the building we're in was re-doing the roof, so lots of construction going on.

I arrive for class on Saturday only to find that in all the work, they've somehow knocked out the AC in the spin studio.  Lovely.  It's ten minutes before class and I have one student.  Okay.  Well, class ended up being almost full...in a room with no AC.  I had a fan blowing out at the class, but as the instructor I was behind the fan, thus getting NO air.  But it's OK, I'll gladly give the air to the class and take one for the team.

So if you think spin makes you sweat under normal conditions, imagine this...no AC.  Holy cow!

I joked with them that it was bikram spin and we should focus on all the toxins we're getting out.

I must say the class was awesome and they still worked just as hard.  I gave them permission to get up and walk out of the class room for air, go to the water fountain, come stand by the fan, you name it, they could do it, but almost every one of them pushed through it.  And I'm happy to say no one fainted post-class.

So bikram spin, perhaps I'm on to something?

At Panera now between classes (6a, then 9:30a), will try to post again later, off to teach!

No comments: