Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Recession Concessions

I like to think I coined that term.  I haven't heard anyone else say it, so I guess in my world I did.

The recession has hit me hard.  Hard as in a 16 wheeler doing 65mph hitting a wall.  In case you were wondering.  I am a recession casualty.

Obviously I've had to cut back on many things.  Those are my Recession Concessions.

Here are a few of them...manicures, pedicures, waxing, car washes, dental insurance (sad, right?), and dinners out (most of the time at least).

Those are the ones that came to mind immediately, yet I'm sure there are others.  With the concessions also came a lengthy wish list for when things get better, but I don't feel like going in to that right now.

Have you made any recession concessions?  Any great finds/ideas in the process?

2 comments:

Jamie said...

yes! i also feel affected. my job pays terribly(its my fault, more on how i screwed myself later) and our expenses are on the rise...no manis, pedis, car washes,vacations (ha! that sounds so luxurious!), trips to whole foods, forget eyebrow waxing...limited meals out, all of that! getting some hand-me-downs on the cheap for some baby furniture (altho mom and pops are helping with the crib and rob's parents with the glider)i am a big fan of groupon and other daily deals online that help with things like oil changes, etc...lots of little changes that are hard to remember sometimes...like how can i justify BUYING water? that siggs water bottle is on me at all times! what else? SALES for necessary items! humm..should we start clipping coupons?

Jessica said...

I totally clip coupons! Although I just read that sometimes people buy things they wouldn't normally bc they have a coupon, which kind of negates the savings.

Friggin' recession!

Love you!