Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Spin Ride

I had read on another spinning blog an idea about doing an "all request" class.  I mentioned it to a couple of my classes and one seemed more interested than the other.  I brought in little slips of paper for them to write on, announced when i'd do the class and asked for requests.  I got requests from about 5 people, not nearly enough for a class so I polled some friends on facebook and then added their songs (as well as a few that I liked).

I didn't expect much from this ride and was pleasantly surprised when it turned out as good as it did.  The music was good and it was a tough workout (always good).

I hope you find it helpful!

Running down a dream - Tom Petty - 4:23
Warm up, my usual mix of seated flat and running (standing 2).

Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol - 4:28
Slow heavy seated climb.

Single Ladies - Beyonce - 3:47
Running

Walking on Sunshine - Katrina and the Waves - 3:57
Jumps for 2-3 minutes (I usually do 6 counts, switching to 4 for the last minute or so).

Please Don't Leave Me - Pink - 3:54
Seated Climb

Calle Ocho - Pitbull - 3:05
Climbing, 20s in standing 2, 20s in 3, 20s seated, adding after each completed set.  Sometimes I adjust this and spent more time in a standing climb.

No You Girls - Franz Ferdinand - 3:42
Jumps, again 2-3 minutes, starting with 6 counts, going to 4 counts half way through.

Independent Women - Neyo - 3:52
Seated climb.

Empire State of Mind - Jay Z - 4:37
Standing climb

Hot & Cold - Katie Perry - 3:40
Slight resistance, running on chorus, adding resistance as song progresses

SheWolf - Shakira - 3:08
Seated climb, standing climb on chorus

Beat It - Michael Jackson - 4:18
Standing climb, ending heavy

Cool down (don't remember my music here).

Happy spinning!

No comments: