Search This Blog

Friday, January 14, 2011

TIGF and the importance of energy

First of all,

Happy Friday to you!!

Is it just me, or does it feel like Friday took forever to get here?  Perhaps the mid-week snow storm just made things worse.  Regardless, Friday is here and I couldn't be happier!
My alarm went off this morning and I had no clue what was going on and was sure it must have been a mistake.  No dice.

Last night I took a class at the gym.  It was called "ultimate conditioning" and in my experience, the definition of that class varies depending on who is teaching it.  But essentially it's a toning/sculpting class with a little cardio mixed in.

The instructor last night was stuck in traffic, so the GM started the class.  He had us doing some random stuff, which I might not have chosen, but his energy was high and he challenged us.

About 15-20 minutes in to the class the other instructor arrived.  First of all, he walked in thinking he was holier than thou.  Second, his energy was about that of a piece of paper, i.e., zilch.  Plus, he totally changed up what the first instructor was doing.  It was not a smooth transition.

I ended up leaving early.  I did have to be somewhere, but if the class were good I would have stayed to the end, my plans could have waited.  But I didn't like his personality or his class, so out I went.

Do you think this is rude?  Have you ever done something similar? 

I was telling a friend that instructors probably dread me in their class because I'm so incredibly opinionated.  Oh well, such is life, right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think as instructors we expect other instructors to live up the same expectations we hold for ourselves, and it's hard when they don't. And I've also found that as I get older and my time is more valuable, I don't like to waste it doing things I don't like-even if means leaving early. I would have done the same thing.

Jessica said...

We are so on the same page! (with the exception of the indigo girls) :)