Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Five looooong days




So sorry that I've been missing for five whole days.

Stuff has been really busy, plus I started having some cold symptoms last Sunday.  As the week progressed the symptoms hung around and occasionally worsened, only to let up again.  I figured it was a quick little cold.  Well when the following Saturday rolled around and I was still sick, I came to the realization that I was wrong, and maybe overdoing it a bit as well.

Since starting to feel sick on Sunday, my week went like this...
Monday - thankfully work was closed and I skipped the gym
Tuesday - work all day, then boxing
Wednesday - work and then skipped the gym but had to run an errand at 9pm
Thursday - 6am class, then work, then Spin Odyssey meeting at 7p
Friday - 6am class, then work, then a get together at a friends
Saturday - teach 10am class, clean, parents visit, errands, etc.
Sunday - I forced myself to take a day of rest
Monday - teach 6am, work, then finally relax....
Tuesday (today!!) - work, then gym...then SNOWSTORM, uh oh!

When I was complaining about not getting better, my friend said that maybe it was because I was go-go-go all the time.  I didn't really think that was the case until I stepped back and looked at what I'd been doing.  Without a cold this is all fine, with a cold perhaps it was pushing it a bit too much.

Class yesterday morning was HARD because I really wasn't feeling too well, so my breathing was labored and as a result I was a tad dizzy.

The good news is that it seems that my cold is finally on the outs.  I didn't take Nyquil last night, the first time in a week, and so far I haven't taken any meds or blown my nose non-stop.  Fingers crossed that this is it!!

Normally if I catch a cold at the beginning, a good nights sleep can usually keep it away.  Not so much this time.  Any little tricks/remedies that you use when you feel a cold coming on or have one?

No comments: