Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Spin Ride!! Don't Back Down

This ride was taken from a ride entitled Don’t Back Off on pedal-on.com. The concept is that you load up the hill and then resist the urge to back off the resistance as you sprint and continue to climb.


It was a tough ride but it went over well. This version is 60 minutes.

I’ll fill in the song lengths later.


Tonight – Enrique Iglesias featuring Ludacris
Warm up

Rhythm Nation – Janet Jackson
Starting our climb, adding resistance every minute or so, ending the song at about an 8/10 and coming out of the saddle. A nice solid/heavy hill. Difficult but do-able.

Raise Your Glass – P!nk
Staying on this 8/10 hill, let’s do 30 second sprints. First two back in the saddle, third staying out at 3.

Monster – Lady Gaga
Still on the hill, alternate 1 minute seated with 1 minute standing

Hey Baby – Pitbull
Continue the pattern from the previous song. Make sure riders didn’t magically lose their hill. Encourage them that if at any time it feels like it got easier to add resistance back on.

You Look Better When I’m Drunk – The White Tie Affair
Silly song, but good for sprints. Last song on this hill, 3 30 second sprints. Mix up whether you take them in the saddle or out at 3.

Cantaloop – Not sure of the artist
Recover. Whole song recovery, as breathing normalizes and HR come down, play around with cadence on the flat.

Walk This Way – Aerosmith and Run DMC
Take 2 on the hill. Back to building the resistance up to an 8/10. I told my class they could try for a 9 if they wanted.

Push – Cat deLuna and Akon
30 second sprints again. In the saddle, out at 3 or at 2. Your call, but there are 3 of them.

Quixote – Bond
Back to the 1 minute seated/1 minute standing combo.

Open Your Eyes – David Guetta featuring Stereo MCs
Continue the 1 minute intervals.

If I can’t Have You – Kelly Clarkson
Final set of sprints on the hill. Usually the seated ones are the hardest so I’ll do the first two out at 3 and the last in the saddle.

The Pretender – Foo Fighters
Take it to a flat and pick up the pace. All out sprints on the chorus. Final sprint goes to the end of the song.

Congrats, you're done!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jessica,
How are you? hows the Insanity going? :-) I wanted to tell you I did this ride and it was GREAT!! Idk if I told you before! So post more girl, lol
Marianne

Jessica said...

Thanks! I actually really like the music for this ride and find myself using it for other cardio.

I've only done insanity twice so far, but overall I've enjoyed it. I never thought I could break such a sweat in my living room!

My schedule makes it hard to commit to doing it every day though, which is hard.

Hope you had a great weekend!