Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

6 weeks to 6 hours

SPIN ODYSSEY is just about six weeks away.  On March 6th I'll be spending six hours on a spin bike to raise money for the American Cancer Society.  I'm excited!

See this post for more information about last year.

I participated in this event last year and was BLOWN away.  This year I'm on the planning committee and also heading up a team (Go CyclePaths!).  Plus I'm hosting a benefit in a few weeks. 

Part of this event involves (obviously) fundraising, which I find is always the hardest part.  There are about a million causes out there that want your money.  Everyone's priorities vary, so while one person deems a cause worthy, another may not.

Breast cancer hits super close to home for me.  My mother is a survivor!  We were very lucky that for her it was caught early on and was treatable.  She's doing wonderfully today and as a result I want to try to give back and find a finite cure for this disease.

If you can find a spare dollar to donate to me, I'd be over the moon!  There's zero pressure but I figured it couldn't hurt to throw it out there.
http://www.active.com/donate/SO2011/BONDELL

And if you happen to be local and want to participate or volunteer, leave me a comment.

No comments: