Search This Blog

Thursday, November 4, 2010

yum!

Today, just like the past few days, was chaotic.

I normally have lunch at home, but today that just wasn't happening, unless I wanted to eat lunch at 4pm (not that 2:30 is that much better).

I hit up Wendy's.  Wendy's is probably my FAVORITE fast food spot, so I was excited to see ads for their $4.99 pick two.

If you're not familiar with this, you can choose a half salad (of their new "gourmet" salads), plus either a water, fountain drink, small chili, junior burger, chicken wrap, or baked potato.

Given that it's cold and rainy here, I went with the chili as my add-on.

I feasted on half the Apple Pecan Chicken Salad.


The salad consisted of various greens, dried cranberries, asiago (or maybe blue) cheese, grilled chicken, apples, and a pomegranate vinaigrette.

It was DELICIOUS!!

When Wendy's first launched their new salads, the first thing I did was look up the calorie content.  And while definitely not "light", they weren't horrible if you were careful as to what else you ate that day.

The calorie content on half a salad with dressing is about 340, which isn't too bad.  The Wendy's website allows you to customize your salad nutrition facts, but it doesn't allow you to take out the cheese.  The good news is that the dressing is only 60 calories.

In case you were wondering, a small chili has 220 calories, but with the meat and beans, it's quite filling.

So that was my lunch.  Let's just say I LOVED it.

Do you do fast food salads?  Tried other Wendy's salads?  Yay or nay?

No comments: