Search This Blog

Monday, November 8, 2010

Really November?

What's today's date?  Oh right, it's November 8th.  The beginning of November.

We changed the clocks back on Saturday so now the sun sets at 4:45pm. UGH!  And that's if there is sun to set.  Strike one November.

Today the weather was fine when I left the house, but by the time I had taught and went outside, it was snowing and icing.  SNOWING!!  Some schools in upper CT have snow days today.  Strike two November.

Why are you doing this to me?

Complaining aside, this was an amazing weekend!

My sister ran the NYC Marathon yesterday and rocked it to pieces!  I am super proud of her and the whole weekend was just great, start to finish.

Here are a few pics from yesterday.  Any other marathon runners out there, congrats!  It's an amazing accomplishment!


View of 76th and 1st




View of the elite men from the 17th floor, the winner finished in 2:08




Street level




Just a few runners




My family, my sister's number one fans




Heading to the bar (and their fans) after the race




This was their team slogan

Full disclosure here.  I don't particularly love to run and have no desire to run 26.2 miles, but after being a fan and witnessing the support and cheering, I kind of want to run the NYC Marathon.  Weird.

Happy Monday!!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

First....yes, Allison is awesome. I would NEVER want to run 26.2 miles. I'm hoping that's because I'm 51 (almost 52)

Second, I love this new background.

Third, I'm trying to come up with a catchy name for your team. I laughed my butt off at "spinsters".
Will let you know if I think of any worthwhile.