Search This Blog

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Here I am!

Greeting and salutations! (anyone know what movie that is from?)

Between work travel and pleasure travel, I've definitely been a bit sparse on the post front.  However I am back now and will do my best to get back in to the groove.

Coming back from vacation is hard.

By the last day, we were ready to leave, but then once it came time to actually leave, we weren't.  Getting home to non-stop rain made me miss it even more.

Maybe it's just me, but historically these all-inclusive vacations are heavy on overindulgence.  While I may not eat a ton more, I definitely eat things I don't usually eat.  The breakfast buffet on my last trip had Nutella, which just spelled trouble for me.  This one didn't have it, so while I missed it, it was probably a good thing.  Plus there's the drinking.  I'm not much of a drinker at home, so any drinking is an increase.

Amazingly I didn't gain much weight, maybe a pound or two, but I'm not even sure about that.  Phew.

We tried to be active and work out but it didn't really happen.  One morning we went for a nice walk, so I guess that counts for something, and another morning we did a walk/run combo, but that was it.  It gets hot and humid so quickly and the gym there is just "eh".  Oh well, it was vacation and the break was nice.

My schedule is still a bit off so I'll be back to things on Saturday.

Since this post is light on the fit talk, here's some eye candy...






No comments: