Search This Blog

Monday, September 12, 2011

Here we go again...

Good morning and happy Monday!

Sorry for being a tad MIA, I've had a lot of things on my mind and unfortunately blogging was at the bottom of the list.

Spin...
Friday night I put together a NEW spin ride for Saturday's class.  I will post it later today. :)  Saturday's class was the ride's debut and I think it was OK.  It's a non-stop ride I'm just not sure about a couple of the songs.  But more on that when I put the ride up.

Fit talking...
Sunday I took a bootcamp class I had never taken before.  I had seen the instructor and knew I wanted to try one of his classes, so even though I was feeling eh, I hit the gym.  I really enjoyed the class.  It was tough and different.  My biggest complaint about most classes is that there's way too much emphasis on the lower body and not enough on the upper.  This class was pretty much the opposite.

Here's a rough outline of what he had us doing...
Weighted ball throw downs (sorry for the weird description).  We partnered up, facing each other, about 3-4 feet apart.  Each person had a medicine ball which we held over our heads and then slammed down so that it went to the other person, who caught it.
Holding that same ball we had to do high knees twisting the ball to opposite hips (again, another awesome description), then put the ball on the ground and do toe taps, then push ups with one hand on the ball, then switching.
He had us using the rope, steps, bosus, boxing bags, and jump ropes.
It was circuit style so we moved around a bunch.
Overall a good class although my back is a bit sore today.

Unfortunately my schedule is a bit crazy the next few weekends so the next time I can take that class is October 9th.  Crazy.

Eats...
This morning I made a smoothie and ventured in to the world of spinach.  It was my usual recipe of frozen strawberries, half a frozen banana, chocolate protein powder, and skim milk.  But I put in a few leaves on spinach and ended up with this...
A really ugly smoothie.  They used to be a reddish brown/ but this definitely looks like a brownish/green.  It tastes the same, it's just ugly.  Have you done the spinach thing and has the same thing happened?  Oh yeah, it got uglier as time went on.  It was normal looking when I left the house but by the time I got to work it looked like the picture above.

One last thing...a question for my instructor friends...
Have any of you done tabata rides?  If  so, would you be willing to share a profile or just give me some tips?

No comments: