Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Working is alot of work

Who knew?

And I don't just mean the working part (i.e. the 9-5).  Today is my 8th day back in the working world, although the first 3 don't really count since I was out of state and living out of a hotel.

I promised myself that my gym routine and eating habits would not suffer.  If anything, I hoped that maybe my eating habits would improve a bit as dictated by the structure of a work day.

So far it's going OK.  I've been bringing lunch.  Now who doesn't want to eat the exact same thing for 3 days in a row?  I've made it to the gym 3 out of the 4 completed work days.

However, it's been rough.  By the end of the day, I'm TIRED, so my motivation and energy are a bit off.  Gym routines just haven't had the same intensity as they did before.  I'm hoping (maybe even praying) that this is temporary and just a case of my body adjusting to a new schedule.  I've done the hardcore nighttime workout consistently before, it's just been a looooong time.

To help me along, I pack my gym bag the night before, that way I don't have to come home between work and the gym because that has NEVER worked for me.  I've also been trying to take classes more, which gives me a guaranteed workout.  I'll then arrive at the gym a little early and squeeze in whatever extra activities I can manage.

I think I'm doing OK, but there's definitely room for improvement.  Any tips?  I'm thinking maybe green tea around 3pm. 

No comments: