Search This Blog

Monday, June 7, 2010

Fruit and Funk


Double F's on this gorgeous Monday.  The weekend was double H's (hot and humid) but the humidity broke and this morning there was even a slight chill to the air, it was magnificent.  If I had any motivation it would have been a great morning for a run.  Taught this AM and am hoping that energy magically materializes and I can do the run thing tonight.  Fingers crossed.

So FRUIT.

I'm so happy it's (almost) summer because that means that fruits and veggies are on the up and up.  Quick stop at the supermarket this AM and bought pineapple, blueberries and peaches.  Woo hoo!  The pineapple is from Costa Rica and since I had the most amazing pineapple ever when I was down there, I just had to buy it here and see how it compares.  Fingers crossed. 

Last week I bought strawberries, blueberries and watermelon.  Gosh, I love this!

Veggies are on the agenda so I can get some delish stir frys going.  My old route home from work took me past a bunch of farms and I miss being able to stop on the way home for veggies.  Oh well, onward and upward!

So FUNK.

Not in a good music sort of way, just funk, as in "i'm in a funk".  We all have our ups and downs, so it's normal and I'm ok with that.  Given the fact that I've been more or less unemployed or underemployed for over a year now, it's surprising i'm not in a funk more.  Regardless, when one hits, it's hard to bounce back.  So right now i'm in funk-ville.  Ugh.

I've stayed really positive and am welcoming and wanting change in my life, it's just not coming yet, and honestly, i'm a bit impatient.  It gets hard to see EVERYONE moving forward with their lives, and here I am, stagnant. Yuck.

I don't want to dwell on this since it's not positive but since it's on my mind I did want to mention it.

I always have the following goals which allow me to take the emphasis off the bad and put it on the good.
- Do things that I love (which is hard sometimes because it really means carving out time for me)
- Try to make my workouts my own again, teaching makes that hard
- Have as much fun on weekends as possible

But frequently these are easier said than done.  Oh well, it will happen and I am going to stay positive and (hopefully) leave this funk in the dust.

So.  Happy monday to all, hope you are funk-free and fruit-ful.  xoxo

No comments: