Search This Blog

Monday, March 29, 2010

Ode to the Gym


I felt like it was time to say thank you to the gym.

Over the years, you have helped get me through some tough times.  Whether it was extreme job dissatisfaction, fights with friends/family, breakups, sadness or just a rough day, you were always there.  Your door was always open and even if I walked in feeling like crap, I always walked out feeling better.

You are my drug of choice, there is no mood booster like you.  It is truly amazing how you are always able to improve my mood.

When I moved to a new state, you kept me busy and prevented me from feeling like a loner.  You gave me a purpose and eventually led me to meet some wonderful people who are now my friends and a vital part of my life.  You made me feel like I had a home, even in a new area.

Without you, things would be very different.  So for you, my gym membership, I am grateful and appreciative.

Amen!  :)




1 comment:

Jamie said...

i love the luna moons and cliff shot blocks (red flavors only!)...those and the jelly beans were great when i did the tri!