Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Energy Bar


Spin Odyssey had some AMAZING sponsors and as a result our goodie bags and snacks during the ride were impressive.  I really enjoyed being able to try products that I might not have bought on my own.

One that I loved was these Raw Rev 100 bars.  (OK, the picture isn't of the 100 version, but they're the same, just smaller.)

Given that they're pitched as an "organic live food bar" I'd probably never have purchased them.  However they were part of the goodie bag so I gave them a go.  I was pleasantly surprised.

I'd almost say i'm now addicted to these bars.  I've tried every flavor but the raspberry.  I was also surprised to enjoy the Spirulina flavor.  Again, not something I would have ever gone for on my own.

They're definitely different and probably not for everyone, but they're a good 100 calorie snack.  The consistency is moist, and the bars themselves are actually a little slippery, which is obviously due to some of the ingredients.

They are sweetened only with agave nectar and are certified organic.

If you haven't already, I'd say to give them a try, they impressed me and maybe they'll do the same for you.


No comments: