Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

What a difference a year makes

Tomorrow marks a year since I've been dating my boyfriend.  I'm not writing this post because that is all that significant, but rather because it made me think back to how things were then, and how they are now.

Last year...
I was single.
I was out of work (with the exception of teaching Spin).
I taught 5 classes each week.
I lived in a one bedroom rental.

This year...
I'm quite happy with my boyfriend.
I have a job, actually 3 (1 full time, 2 part time).
I teach 2 classes each week.
I bought a 2 bedroom condo.

Yes, I know that there are plenty of things that didn't change, but those are some big ones that did.

In some ways a year feels like a looooong time and in other ways it feels like a few months.  I think in general it's just interesting to pause and take stock of where you are now, versus where you were.

I still like to think everything happens for a reason, so I guess we will see what the future holds!

I'm hoping the immediate future (i.e. tonight) holds some new spin rides.  :)

No comments: