Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Germ season



It's that time of year when everyone seems to be getting sick.  It's this time of year that often makes me want to walk around with a mask and rubber gloves on.

I'm not a germaphobe, not even close, but still...

In most spin classes, you're told to wipe down the bike after class.  That's all well and good for the next person, but if you're concerned for yourself, try wiping down the bike before class.  You don't know who touched those handlebars before you and while they should have wiped them down, they may not have.

I had to run to Staples today.  I walked up to the cashier who was hacking a lung up in to her right hand.  Gross.  No antibacterial, no tissue, nothing.  But I had no choice, she was the only cashier.  OK I thought, that's the hand she's holding the scanner gun with so it won't touch my stuff.  Half way through she started coughing again, this time using her left hand.  Really?  Did you not learn the "cough in to your arm" concept?

I meant to wash my hands the second I got back to my office but I forgot.  I'm just hoping that in that time I didn't do any damage.  It grosses me out just to think about though.

It's that time, so be careful!

No comments: