Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Turkey Burgers....Yum!

Last night I actually cooked dinner which is a rarity because a) I never have time and b) I live by myself.  But, I had a friend over so I made turkey burgers with roasted sweet potato pieces.  Yum!

The turkey burger recipe is so delicious (and easy) I just had to share!

Teriyaki Turkey Burgers
1 pound ground turkey (I can rarely find 1 pound so this time it was 1.19lbs)
1/2 cup finely chopped celery
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup soy sauce
dash of garlic powder

In a small bowl mix together the honey, soy sauce and garlic powder.

In a seperate bowl mix together the celery and the turkey.

Spoon 3 tablespoons of the soy/honey mixture in to the turkey. (reserving the rest to brush over the burgers as they cook, ideally on the grill)  Mix together.

Make patties and cook.  I used my Foreman grill as it's winter and cold and I don't have a BBQ.  I have also baked them but be careful as it's easy to overcook turkey and it gets dry fast.  When using my Foreman grill I don't brush them with the soy/honey mix because most of it runs off and makes a mess and smokes.  This time I served the extra as a dipping sauce.

Enjoy!

The whole batch has about 1196 calories.  I made 7 burger so that came out to about 170 calories/burger.  Not too shabby!

No comments: