Search This Blog

Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

I hope you had a great new year's eve and a fun celebration.

Unfortunately I came down with a cold on NYE, so I kept it pretty low key.  I also got roped in to teaching two spin classes on New Year's Day, so I had yet another reason to keep it pretty tame.

So here I am on New Year's Day and of course it's resolution time.  I don't usually make resolutions, but this year I'm setting some goals for myself.  Some are concrete, others are more along the lines of gradual changes.

Of course fitness is on my mind.  I have my six hour spin-a-thon coming up the first weekend in March.  And as I've mentioned before I'm hoping to attempt my first half marathon, in addition to my first road race.  Last year my goal was a 5K and while I didn't run an official race, I did reach (and surpass) that goal in terms of distance.  This year, with my life back in order, I plan on doing the official 5K, then hopefully a 10K and then the culmination in the half.  We'll see how that goes.

This past year taught me ALOT.  Losing my job and being out of work for seven months made me so much more aware of things...what I was doing, how much things cost, and how I could get by with so much less.  Now that I have a job again, I think my appreciation for the little things (such as a salary) have skyrocketed.  I'm really excited to continue to explore my feelings and take each day one day at a time, savor the little things and see what 2010 has in store for me.  I'm so curious!

Looking forward to sharing my 2010 with you and wishing you all a very happy new year!

No comments: