Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

What is that in my fridge??


Look, it's my fridge!  And while it probably looks perfectly normal to you, it's an odd sight to me.  Why's that you ask?

Because I actually have a half gallon of MILK in my refrigerator.  This is extremely unlike me!

I'm definitely not vegan but have never been a milk drinker.  Yes, I put some milk in my coffee but aside from that, I never use milk, unless a recipe calls for it.  I normally buy a quart of milk and end up throwing away at least half of it.  So here I am buying a half gallon.  WTF?

First of all, it was on sale (control the laughter).  Second, I keep reading about how great milk is for you.  Third, I finally went and bought my protein powder (mentioned in an earlier post) and am pretty sure it will taste better and be more filling if made with milk.  I also have some frozen fruit, that combined with milk, should make a pretty tasty smoothie.  So, I'm giving it a go.

The expiration date is 5/10 and I'm hoping to consume the whole thing by then.  That gives me just under two weeks.  Wish me luck, I'll keep you posted.

Moo!




No comments: