Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I'm going on vacation!



No, not yet, but in a little over a month I'm going on a much needed vacation.  I can't wait!

After being laid off last year, I toyed with the idea of taking a nice vacation.  I wanted to take advantage of the free time I had and go away for two weeks or so.  However I'm a very rational-thinking person, so that side of my brain won out and I took the responsible road and stayed put, applying for jobs non-stop.

A year later my situation isn't all that different than where I was at this time last year.  I had a full time job, it wasn't a good fit, and now it's my part time job (one of a few).  So while $ isn't really on my side, flexibility still is.

So after going back and forth for a year, I've decided to just go for it.  I booked my trip at the end of last week, so it's a done deal.  I'm headed to Costa Rica mid-May for 9 days.  I wanted to go somewhere farther but airfare is astronomical so I quickly bumped up against my self-imposed budget.  Costa Rica seems to be a great option for someone like me.  First, I'm able to travel solo, thanks to an adventure tour group that I signed on with.  Second, I'm able to have a nice mix of active and relaxing time.  I can't wait to go kayaking, white water rafting, horseback riding, etc..

Of course I'll give a full review when I return, but since this is exciting to me, I just wanted to share it with you.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Thanks so much, I appreciate it. Have a great day!

Jessica