Search This Blog

Thursday, December 3, 2009

I'm Impressed

I will admit that I am a big fan of tv.  I won't watch just anything but I do have my go-to shows that I really enjoy watching.  One of these shows is the Biggest Loser.  Yes, I find it hard to find two hours to sit down and watch but thanks to my DVR i'm able to cut it down to about an hour or so.

The holiday last week messed up my tv schedule so I finally got around to watching (most of) the Biggest Loser - Where Are They Now, last night.  Only a bit over a week late.

The only thing I have to say is WOW.  These people impressed me so much and kept me smiling (in between crying) throughout the episode.

Fitness and diet are obviously important to me, but i'm not obese and therefore even my worst day is nowhere near where these people came from.

One man completed the Kona Ironman.  Can you say holy cow?  His goal was to prove to people that you didn't have to be "thin" to do it.  The brother of a father/son team lost over 100 pounds.  Several contestants have become personal trainers.  It really just makes me smile.

When I see where they came from and what they overcame it really tells me that I can do more than I think I can.

So while I may end up changing my mind, i'm thinking now that there's a half marathon in my future.  This is coming from a girl who up until a few years ago couldn't even run a mile.  If they can do it, why can't I?  So, we'll see.  More to come on that once the weather gets warmer.

Aim for the moon, even if you miss, you'll be amongst the stars!

No comments: