Search This Blog

Monday, November 9, 2009

Packaged Foods

I just saw that Women's Health has published a list of the top 125 packaged foods for women.

I wonder how some of my favorite picks did.

Unfortunately my crazy schedule has led me to rely (a bit too heavily) on frozen meals.  One of my favorites (that I learned about from another magazine) is the Pumpkin-Squash Ravioli from Healthy Choice.  I was happy to see that this made the Women's Health list as well.  It's delicious!

Another item that I just purchased was the Kashi Mayan Harvest Bake.  Happy to see that this too made their list.  I haven't tried it yet but was intrigued by the diverse ingredient list.

Quaker Simple Harvest made their list as well.  I think it's delicious but unfortunately the grocery stores near me stopped carrying it.  I'm a faithful oatmeal lover but find the tried and true original old fashioned to be my go-to.

I have a huge sweet tooth and am always looking for healthier dessert options.
The list includes Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie Frozen Yogurt (yum!).  Although not on the list, I am a HUGE fan of the Klondike No-Sugar Added Ice Cream Sandwiches.

Looking at a list like this does two things for me.  First it gives me ideas.  Second it makes me feel good when I see that foods I already choose have made their list.  Nothing like a little validation!

Want to see the list?  Here's the link.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

As a follow up...tried the Kashi Mayan Harvest Bake tonight and wasn't a huge fan. Loved the plantains but could have done without the rest. But that's just me! :)