Search This Blog

Friday, November 6, 2009

Friday

Sorry I've been MIA.  My computer crashed last Tuesday and then I was away for the weekend.

Thankfully my computer has been fixed but it was a whirlwind of a week.

Go Yankees!


In keeping with the Friday Food Facts theme, here are some more calorie counts.

I love smoothies but am often shocked by how many calories they contain due to the sugar content.  Here are some counts from Smoothie King.

I used to get the Peanut Butter Power plus Strawberry which clocks in at a lovely 699 calories for 20 ounces.  I almost wish I didn't know.

Their smoothies fall in to five categories: stay healthy, trim down, get energy, build up, snack right and indulge.  I'll give the highest and the lowest for each. (based upon 20oz)

Stay Healthy
Blueberry Heaven - 325 calories
Cranberry Supreme - 554 calories
Trim Down
Slim-N-Trim Orange Vanilla - 215 calories
Passion Passport - 395 calories
Get Energy
Coffee Smoothie Mocha - 260 calories
Power Punch Plus - 500 calories
Build Up
Gladiator - 180 calories
The Hulk Strawberry - 1035 calories
Snack Right
Fruit Fusion - 355 calories
Grape Expectations II - 548 calories
Indulge
Yogurt DLite - 333 calories
Peanut Power Grape - 749 calories

No comments: