Search This Blog

Sunday, October 18, 2009

When life gives you lemons...


I've been out of work for about five months now...ouch!  And honestly, without the gym, i'm not sure what I would have done to occupy my time.  My daily gym workout was my only semblance of normalcy in the months after the layoffs.

So given the newly found free time I had, it was the perfect time to try something new, right?  So I did it.  After years of talking about it, I went and got certified as a Spinning instructor in August.  The certification class wasn't too bad.  However, the job hunting and auditioning have been tough.  But this is something I want and i'm working hard for it.  I've been reminded that I'm strong willed and capable and when I want something, I go after it.  It's refreshing to work hard and see results.

While this doesn't make much of a dent financially, it has done wonders for me mentally.  My confidence is back and I'm really excited to see what doors open next.  Will keep you posted.

My moral...go outside your comfort zone.  If you've wanted to do something for a while, just do it.  Yes, it may be hard/scary/painful etc., but doing it will make you stronger mentally and will be so worth it.

No comments: